Watch SpaceX’s Grasshopper making its highest leap yet
Zee Media Bureau
Texas: A new video released by SpaceX shows the company’s Grasshopper reusable rocket set a new height record of 744 meters (2440ft) above the arid landscape.
The ten-storey-tall Grasshopper, after reaching a record height, reversed the course and made a gentle vertical landing to the same spot from where it was launched.
SpaceX’s Grasshopper is built in such a way that it survives while making re-entry into the atmosphere and then comes back to Earth so it can be used again.
While the rocket has conducted several tests so far, the latest one took place on October 7th in Texas.
Watch the video below:
Grasshopper is a suborbital reusable launch vehicle (RLV), a vertical takeoff, vertical landing (VTVL) rocket, designed to support development and test of a subset of the technologies required for the SpaceX reusable rocket launching system.
Announced in 2011, Grasshopper began low-altitude, low-velocity hover/landing testing in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi