Watch the brightest full moon of 2010 today!
New Delhi: A treat lies in waiting for the moon lovers! The brightest and biggest full moon of 2010 will be seen on Saturday.
The full moon today will be around 15 per cent bigger and 30 per cent brighter as compared to other full moons during the year.
“The moon will not only shine brighter but will also appear bigger as compared to other full moons during the year," Science Popularization Association of Communicators and Educators (SPACE) Director C B Devgun said.
The full moon will be at its best at around 8 PM, he said.
The phenomenon occurs as the Moon`s orbit is elliptical with one side 50,000 km closer to Earth than the other.
At closest, our natural satellite lies roughly 3,56, 630 kms from Earth compared to the Moon`s
Average distance of 3,84,800 km from Earth.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'