Watch the brightest full moon of 2010 today!
New Delhi: A treat lies in waiting for the moon lovers! The brightest and biggest full moon of 2010 will be seen on Saturday.
The full moon today will be around 15 per cent bigger and 30 per cent brighter as compared to other full moons during the year.
“The moon will not only shine brighter but will also appear bigger as compared to other full moons during the year," Science Popularization Association of Communicators and Educators (SPACE) Director C B Devgun said.
The full moon will be at its best at around 8 PM, he said.
The phenomenon occurs as the Moon`s orbit is elliptical with one side 50,000 km closer to Earth than the other.
At closest, our natural satellite lies roughly 3,56, 630 kms from Earth compared to the Moon`s
Average distance of 3,84,800 km from Earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand