Watch the brightest full moon of 2010 today!
New Delhi: A treat lies in waiting for the moon lovers! The brightest and biggest full moon of 2010 will be seen on Saturday.
The full moon today will be around 15 per cent bigger and 30 per cent brighter as compared to other full moons during the year.
“The moon will not only shine brighter but will also appear bigger as compared to other full moons during the year," Science Popularization Association of Communicators and Educators (SPACE) Director C B Devgun said.
The full moon will be at its best at around 8 PM, he said.
The phenomenon occurs as the Moon`s orbit is elliptical with one side 50,000 km closer to Earth than the other.
At closest, our natural satellite lies roughly 3,56, 630 kms from Earth compared to the Moon`s
Average distance of 3,84,800 km from Earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP