We feel we have paid off all our debt to the country: ISRO chief K Radhakrishnan
Zee Media Bureau
Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle-Development 5 (GSLV-D5) with indigenous cryogenic engine has successfully placed GSAT-14 communication satellite on orbit.
After the launch, this is what an elated ISRO chief K Radhakrishnan said, “Team ISRO has done it. The vehicle performed as predicted in this mission and successfully inserted the satellite into the orbit. We feel we have paid off all our debt to the country.“ He also termed it as an important milestone for the country.
Before the launch ISRO chief and the other scientists had said that they were quite confident of a successful launch this time. A day before, K Radhakrishnan had remarked that "We have thoroughly studied the past experiences and made changes. We are all upbeat,".
After two failures and an aborted attempt at launching the `heavy duty` rocket in the past three years,there was a huge anxiety brewing amongst the scientists with all eyes set on it. Today`s successful launch will prove to be a morale booster for ISRO and will pave the way for bigger space ventures. The mission`s success would not only pave way for ISRO to save launch costs paid to foreign space agencies but also to launch more communication satellites augmenting the transponder capacity to earn more revenue, according to the ISRO chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- No respite from flood situation in UP, Bihar; schools closed in Allahabad, Varanasi
- India's private airlines request govt to allow them skip Pakistani airspace
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport