Weird volcanic `heart` spotted on Mars
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Scientists have reportedly located a heart shape on the Tharsis Bulge on Mars.
This heart shape was spotted by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment camera aboard NASA`s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter orbiting 170 miles above. It was located south of the huge shield volcano Ascraeus Mons which measures approximately 200 meters across.
Ramy El-Maarry, planetary scientist said that the feature, which is multi-layered and rises above the surrounding landscape, could be an ancient vent structure that has been more resistant to erosion than the surrounding area, which makes it resemble `inverted` terrains.
With Agency Inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song