Weird volcanic `heart` spotted on Mars
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Scientists have reportedly located a heart shape on the Tharsis Bulge on Mars.
This heart shape was spotted by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment camera aboard NASA`s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter orbiting 170 miles above. It was located south of the huge shield volcano Ascraeus Mons which measures approximately 200 meters across.
Ramy El-Maarry, planetary scientist said that the feature, which is multi-layered and rises above the surrounding landscape, could be an ancient vent structure that has been more resistant to erosion than the surrounding area, which makes it resemble `inverted` terrains.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore