Weird volcanic `heart` spotted on Mars
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Scientists have reportedly located a heart shape on the Tharsis Bulge on Mars.
This heart shape was spotted by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment camera aboard NASA`s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter orbiting 170 miles above. It was located south of the huge shield volcano Ascraeus Mons which measures approximately 200 meters across.
Ramy El-Maarry, planetary scientist said that the feature, which is multi-layered and rises above the surrounding landscape, could be an ancient vent structure that has been more resistant to erosion than the surrounding area, which makes it resemble `inverted` terrains.
With Agency Inputs
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion