Year`s last pairing of Venus, Jupiter and Moon
New Delhi: It`s time to bid adieu to a bright celestial triangle formed by Venus, Jupiter and crescent Moon in the night sky theatre as the three will not be seen together this year again.
Tomorrow, the conjunction of Venus with Moon takes place in the western sky and further below non-twinkling Jupiter can also be seen with naked eyes, N Sri Raghunandan Kumar said.
All in all the wonderful appearance of Venus, crescent Moon and Jupiter together will enthrall every sky watcher, he said.
This is the last time in 2012 evening sky, when the trio Venus, Moon & Jupiter will be paired.
At the beginning of the year, Jupiter and Venus were apart and could be seen inching close to each other as days passed by and on March 14 March they were together i.e. Conjunction of both the planets took place.
Conjunction is a term used in positional astronomy. It means that, as seen from Earth, two celestial bodies appear near one another in the sky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH