130 school students suffer food poisoning
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 00:39
  
Ahmedabad: Over 130 students of a primary school in Junagadh district of Gujarat suffered from food poisoning after participating in mid-day meal today, police said.

The incident took place in a government-run primary school of Navadra village, they said.

"Nearly 160 students took the mid-day meal at the school today, out of which 130 complained of feeling sick," Junagadh District Development Officer (DDO), Banchhandi Pani told PTI.

"Nearly 103 students have been referred to Veraval civil hospital, while 16 are getting treatment at Prabhas Patan primary health centre (PHC) while some have been sent home after treatment," he said.

According to Bani, the students were served Lapsi (prepared using wheat flour, sugar and ghee) and potato curry.

Police said samples of the cooked food as well as the raw material have been sent to the forensic science laboratory at Junagadh district headquarters for tests.

PTI


First Published: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 00:39


comments powered by Disqus