All gas-leak affected Samsung staff discharged from hosp
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 10:56
  
New Delhi: South Korean consumer durables major Samsung on Wednesday said the six employees who were kept under observation following yesterday's gas leakage incident at its Noida plant have been discharged from hospital.

A total of 32 employees of the company's washing machine assembly plant at Noida had been sent to Kailash Hospital following the incident.

"While all the employees taken yesterday were discharged after first aid, the six who were kept under observation yesterday, have also been discharged today," the company said in a statement.

It added that initial investigation has suggested malfunctioning of the fork lift in the plant as reason behind the gas leakage.

"The suffocation experienced by our workers in the washing machine line prima facie appears to have been caused by the malfunctioning of the fork lift, which is an unusual occurrence," the statement said.

The employees suffered breathlessness and burning eye sensation due to release of excess fumes.

The company added that it has in place all necessary safeguards to prevent such incidents.

"Samsung facility at Noida is complying with all necessary environmental and safety norms. We take any incident where employee health is put to risk seriously and we will be taking all necessary steps to ensure that an incident of this nature is not repeated," it added.

Bureau Report


First Published: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 10:56


comments powered by Disqus