Bullets not the solution for naxal problems: Patil
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 00:30
  
Nagpur: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil who as the then Deputy Chief Minister, had earlier taken a stand on 'bullets for bullets' to deal with naxal issue today talked about development of the Maoist-infested areas.

Patil who completed his two day surprise visit to Gadchiroli district and some interior areas, on his arrival here said that 'bullet for bullet' policy simultaneously require policy of development of the area.

"It is now our responsibility to inculcate a sense of security among the people there. Those Naxalites who had surrendered themselves should be brought to the mainstream of the society," the Home Minister told reporters here.

Noting that there were still 82 villages where electricity has not reached, Patil said there were 225 villages which were provided electricity but later on electric poles and wires were stolen, he said.

The state government will launch social security scheme in Gadchiroli from January 26 for one month and 15 various schemes will be included in it, Patil said.

Earlier in Gadchiroli, Patil said it was sad that still 52 villages were waiting for power supply since last 10 years. He directed the concerned authorities to ensure power supply within four months.

State government has decided to fulfil all the vacant posts in the district. He presided over a meeting where it was informed that for the the year 2009-10, a provison of Rs 98 crores was made and Rs 78 crores were received. Rs 36 crores have been so far spent till December 2009 and remaining amount will be spent by March 31.

PTI


First Published: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 00:30


comments powered by Disqus