Girl burnt alive, grand parents received serious burn injuries
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Sunday, February 07, 2010, 21:43
  
Sheikhpura: A ten year old girl was charred to death and her grand parents and brother were seriously injured when a thatched hutment caught fire in Bihar's Sheikhpura district in the wee hours on Sunday, police said.

Deputy Superintendent of Police Santosh Kumar Gupta said that the fire broke out when the kerosene filled earthern pot overturned in which the girl, Bindi Kumari, was burnt before she could be taken out of her thatched house located at Darauli Bigha village.

Bindi's grandparents Lallo Paswan, Lalia Devi and her brother Sikander were rescued by the villagers but sustained burn injuries, the DYSP said.

The body has been sent to Munger for postmortem while the injured were being treated at the local sadar hospital.

PTI


First Published: Sunday, February 07, 2010, 21:43


comments powered by Disqus