10 killed as heavy rains lash TN
Coimbatore: Flash floods triggered by
heavy rains washed away 10 people in Tamil Nadu`s Tirupur
town, officials said here on Monday.
Intermittent rains lashed the city yesterday.
Three bodies, including that of a six-year-old girl, were
recovered from Noyya river today, the officials said.
Flash floods washed away a couple and their three
children in Poolawari Sukumaran Nagar area yesterday. The
bodies are yet to be recovered.
Two sisters drowned in the overflowing Noyya river, which
inundated several areas, at Sangilipallam, the officials said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa increased the
solatium awarded to next of kin of those killed in rain-
related incidents from Rs one lakh to Rs two lakh.
The government also announced that it will give Rs 1,000
cash to flood victims sheltering at relief centres in addition
to foodgrains, clothes and kerosene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city