10 killed as heavy rains lash TN
Coimbatore: Flash floods triggered by
heavy rains washed away 10 people in Tamil Nadu`s Tirupur
town, officials said here on Monday.
Intermittent rains lashed the city yesterday.
Three bodies, including that of a six-year-old girl, were
recovered from Noyya river today, the officials said.
Flash floods washed away a couple and their three
children in Poolawari Sukumaran Nagar area yesterday. The
bodies are yet to be recovered.
Two sisters drowned in the overflowing Noyya river, which
inundated several areas, at Sangilipallam, the officials said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa increased the
solatium awarded to next of kin of those killed in rain-
related incidents from Rs one lakh to Rs two lakh.
The government also announced that it will give Rs 1,000
cash to flood victims sheltering at relief centres in addition
to foodgrains, clothes and kerosene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!