10 killed as heavy rains lash TN
Coimbatore: Flash floods triggered by
heavy rains washed away 10 people in Tamil Nadu`s Tirupur
town, officials said here on Monday.
Intermittent rains lashed the city yesterday.
Three bodies, including that of a six-year-old girl, were
recovered from Noyya river today, the officials said.
Flash floods washed away a couple and their three
children in Poolawari Sukumaran Nagar area yesterday. The
bodies are yet to be recovered.
Two sisters drowned in the overflowing Noyya river, which
inundated several areas, at Sangilipallam, the officials said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa increased the
solatium awarded to next of kin of those killed in rain-
related incidents from Rs one lakh to Rs two lakh.
The government also announced that it will give Rs 1,000
cash to flood victims sheltering at relief centres in addition
to foodgrains, clothes and kerosene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?