11 held for bid to picket Malayalam daily office
Coimbatore: Eleven activists of a little known
Tamil outfit were arrested when they attempted to picket the
office of a Malayalam daily here on Wednesday protesting Kerala`s
stand on the Mullaperiyar dam issue, police said.
The activists of `Tamil Desiya Munnani` were detained when
they reached near the office of `Malayala Manorama` daily on
the busy Avanashi Road here, they said.
Police have already posted adequate security in and around
the daily office and also other establishments and educational
institutions run by Keralites in the city in the wake of
isolated incidents of violence targeting some shops in other
parts of the state in recent days.
Kerala has been pressing for a new dam to replace the
116-year old Mullaperiyar reservoir citing safety concerns
while Tamil Nadu has opposed the move saying the existing
structure was as good as a new one.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...