11 held for bid to picket Malayalam daily office
Coimbatore: Eleven activists of a little known
Tamil outfit were arrested when they attempted to picket the
office of a Malayalam daily here on Wednesday protesting Kerala`s
stand on the Mullaperiyar dam issue, police said.
The activists of `Tamil Desiya Munnani` were detained when
they reached near the office of `Malayala Manorama` daily on
the busy Avanashi Road here, they said.
Police have already posted adequate security in and around
the daily office and also other establishments and educational
institutions run by Keralites in the city in the wake of
isolated incidents of violence targeting some shops in other
parts of the state in recent days.
Kerala has been pressing for a new dam to replace the
116-year old Mullaperiyar reservoir citing safety concerns
while Tamil Nadu has opposed the move saying the existing
structure was as good as a new one.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog