11 held for bid to picket Malayalam daily office
Coimbatore: Eleven activists of a little known
Tamil outfit were arrested when they attempted to picket the
office of a Malayalam daily here on Wednesday protesting Kerala`s
stand on the Mullaperiyar dam issue, police said.
The activists of `Tamil Desiya Munnani` were detained when
they reached near the office of `Malayala Manorama` daily on
the busy Avanashi Road here, they said.
Police have already posted adequate security in and around
the daily office and also other establishments and educational
institutions run by Keralites in the city in the wake of
isolated incidents of violence targeting some shops in other
parts of the state in recent days.
Kerala has been pressing for a new dam to replace the
116-year old Mullaperiyar reservoir citing safety concerns
while Tamil Nadu has opposed the move saying the existing
structure was as good as a new one.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court likely to announce its order on Abu Jundal today
- PM Narendra Modi to hold NITI Aayog meeting for 15-year vision today