11 persons booked for trying to instigate people againt KNPP
Tirunelveli: Eleven persons, claiming to be members of a fact-finding team, were arrested on Friday when they were on way to the nuclear power plant site at Kudankulam, 30km from here, police said.
Police said the members hailed from Jharkand, Andhra Pradesh, Delhi and Tamil Nadu and said cases had been registered against them for allegedly attempting to instigate the people against the Kudankulam nuclear power plant.
The members did not carry their ID cards and said they were en route to Kudankulam when DSP Govindarajan and his police team checked their vehicle at Nanguneri check-post this evening, police said.
After questioning them, police concluded that their aim was to oppose the plant and also instigate the people against it, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!