11 persons booked for trying to instigate people againt KNPP
Tirunelveli: Eleven persons, claiming to be members of a fact-finding team, were arrested on Friday when they were on way to the nuclear power plant site at Kudankulam, 30km from here, police said.
Police said the members hailed from Jharkand, Andhra Pradesh, Delhi and Tamil Nadu and said cases had been registered against them for allegedly attempting to instigate the people against the Kudankulam nuclear power plant.
The members did not carry their ID cards and said they were en route to Kudankulam when DSP Govindarajan and his police team checked their vehicle at Nanguneri check-post this evening, police said.
After questioning them, police concluded that their aim was to oppose the plant and also instigate the people against it, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy