12 injured as groups clash in Tamil Nadu
Dindigul (TN): Twelve employees of the Tamil Nadu State Transport corporation were on Monday injured in a clash between two groups during filing of nomination papers for elections to their Cooperative society here, police said.
Members of CPI (M)`s trade union wing, CITU and the Anna Thozhir sangam (ruling AIADMK) engaged in an altercation before they came to blows, police said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital.
Police are maintaining tight vigil in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply