12 injured as groups clash in Tamil Nadu
Dindigul (TN): Twelve employees of the Tamil Nadu State Transport corporation were on Monday injured in a clash between two groups during filing of nomination papers for elections to their Cooperative society here, police said.
Members of CPI (M)`s trade union wing, CITU and the Anna Thozhir sangam (ruling AIADMK) engaged in an altercation before they came to blows, police said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital.
Police are maintaining tight vigil in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened