12 injured as groups clash in Tamil Nadu
Dindigul (TN): Twelve employees of the Tamil Nadu State Transport corporation were on Monday injured in a clash between two groups during filing of nomination papers for elections to their Cooperative society here, police said.
Members of CPI (M)`s trade union wing, CITU and the Anna Thozhir sangam (ruling AIADMK) engaged in an altercation before they came to blows, police said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital.
Police are maintaining tight vigil in the area.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo