12 injured as groups clash in Tamil Nadu
Dindigul (TN): Twelve employees of the Tamil Nadu State Transport corporation were on Monday injured in a clash between two groups during filing of nomination papers for elections to their Cooperative society here, police said.
Members of CPI (M)`s trade union wing, CITU and the Anna Thozhir sangam (ruling AIADMK) engaged in an altercation before they came to blows, police said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital.
Police are maintaining tight vigil in the area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump