12 injured as under-construction bridge collapses
Krishnagiri: An assistant engineer and 11 workers were on Monday injured when an under-construction bridge collapsed at a village near here, police said.
The mishap occurred when over 50 labourers were involved in pouring the concrete mix for the 20-metre long bridge in Ramapuram village, 52 km from here on Hosur-Rayakottah road.
The victims, including District Rural Development Agency Assistant Engineer S Ganesan (48) and three women, standing at a height of about 50 feet on the bridge deck, were trapped in the concrete mix as the deck collapsed, police said.
Supervisors and fellow workers at the site rescued the 12 persons and rushed them to a government hospital at Rayakottah.
The engineer, who suffered multiple fractures, was shifted to a private hospital.
The bridge is being constructed under DRDA scheme at a cost of Rs 4.5 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row