12 injured as under-construction bridge collapses
Krishnagiri: An assistant engineer and 11 workers were on Monday injured when an under-construction bridge collapsed at a village near here, police said.
The mishap occurred when over 50 labourers were involved in pouring the concrete mix for the 20-metre long bridge in Ramapuram village, 52 km from here on Hosur-Rayakottah road.
The victims, including District Rural Development Agency Assistant Engineer S Ganesan (48) and three women, standing at a height of about 50 feet on the bridge deck, were trapped in the concrete mix as the deck collapsed, police said.
Supervisors and fellow workers at the site rescued the 12 persons and rushed them to a government hospital at Rayakottah.
The engineer, who suffered multiple fractures, was shifted to a private hospital.
The bridge is being constructed under DRDA scheme at a cost of Rs 4.5 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi