120 km speed trial run on Salem-Karur BG line
Salem: A 120 km speed trial run was held on the 85 km Salem-Karur Broad Gauge line by the Southern Railway chief safety commisioner on Wednesday.
S K Mittal chief safety commissioner, who had inspected the entire line over the last three days, told reporters that Goods trains are already running on this line and the checks were conducted to ascertain if passanger trains could be run.
A report would be submitted to higher authorities within a fortnight after which passenger trains would start plying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India