120 km speed trial run on Salem-Karur BG line
Salem: A 120 km speed trial run was held on the 85 km Salem-Karur Broad Gauge line by the Southern Railway chief safety commisioner on Wednesday.
S K Mittal chief safety commissioner, who had inspected the entire line over the last three days, told reporters that Goods trains are already running on this line and the checks were conducted to ascertain if passanger trains could be run.
A report would be submitted to higher authorities within a fortnight after which passenger trains would start plying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi