120 km speed trial run on Salem-Karur BG line
Salem: A 120 km speed trial run was held on the 85 km Salem-Karur Broad Gauge line by the Southern Railway chief safety commisioner on Wednesday.
S K Mittal chief safety commissioner, who had inspected the entire line over the last three days, told reporters that Goods trains are already running on this line and the checks were conducted to ascertain if passanger trains could be run.
A report would be submitted to higher authorities within a fortnight after which passenger trains would start plying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video