131 uniformed personnel to get Anna, Gallantry medals
Chennai: A total of 131 personnel from Police and Fire and Rescue Services departments have been selected for this year`s Anna Medals and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s Gallantry Medals.
A total of 127 personnel including 100 of those from state police department have been chosen for the "Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s Anna Medal" in recognition of their outstanding devotion to duty, a government release here said.
"The recipients of the above Medal are eligible for a lumpsum grant according to the ranks as specified in the Medal rules," it said.
Four personnel, including three from Fire and Rescue Services Department, have been chosen for "Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s Gallantry Medals" for being involved in various rescue operations.
These medals will be presented by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in a ceremonial parade to be held later, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16