131 uniformed personnel to get Anna, Gallantry medals
Chennai: A total of 131 personnel from Police and Fire and Rescue Services departments have been selected for this year`s Anna Medals and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s Gallantry Medals.
A total of 127 personnel including 100 of those from state police department have been chosen for the "Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s Anna Medal" in recognition of their outstanding devotion to duty, a government release here said.
"The recipients of the above Medal are eligible for a lumpsum grant according to the ranks as specified in the Medal rules," it said.
Four personnel, including three from Fire and Rescue Services Department, have been chosen for "Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s Gallantry Medals" for being involved in various rescue operations.
These medals will be presented by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in a ceremonial parade to be held later, it added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!