131 uniformed personnel to get Anna, Gallantry medals
Chennai: A total of 131 personnel from Police and Fire and Rescue Services departments have been selected for this year`s Anna Medals and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s Gallantry Medals.
A total of 127 personnel including 100 of those from state police department have been chosen for the "Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s Anna Medal" in recognition of their outstanding devotion to duty, a government release here said.
"The recipients of the above Medal are eligible for a lumpsum grant according to the ranks as specified in the Medal rules," it said.
Four personnel, including three from Fire and Rescue Services Department, have been chosen for "Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s Gallantry Medals" for being involved in various rescue operations.
These medals will be presented by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in a ceremonial parade to be held later, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister