131 uniformed personnel to get Anna, Gallantry medals
Chennai: A total of 131 personnel from Police and Fire and Rescue Services departments have been selected for this year`s Anna Medals and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s Gallantry Medals.
A total of 127 personnel including 100 of those from state police department have been chosen for the "Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s Anna Medal" in recognition of their outstanding devotion to duty, a government release here said.
"The recipients of the above Medal are eligible for a lumpsum grant according to the ranks as specified in the Medal rules," it said.
Four personnel, including three from Fire and Rescue Services Department, have been chosen for "Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s Gallantry Medals" for being involved in various rescue operations.
These medals will be presented by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in a ceremonial parade to be held later, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site