`1.43 cr families covered under health insurance scheme`
Chennai: A total of 1.43 crore families have
been enrolled under Tamil Nadu Government`s health insurance
scheme for poor people so far and over 30,000 patients have
already benefited from it, state Health Minister M R K Paneer
Selvam on Tuesday said.
Since its launch last year, 30,508 people have been
provided treatment under `Kalaignar Insurance Scheme for Life
Saving Treatments` at a cost of Rs 102.17 crore, he said at a
function in the Apollo Hospitals here.
They included 4,672 heart patients, 6,860 people who
underwent bone and joint related surgeries, 3,300 kidney
patients and 4,500 cancer patients, he said adding 63 persons
had been treated by the Apollo Hospitals.
Referring to Apollo Hospitals Chairman Pratap C Reddy
being chosen for the Padma Vibushan award, the Minister said
it was one of the "happiest days" for state government.
"Chief Minister M Karunanidhi always wanted quality
treatment should reach the poor. I am glad Apollo Hospitals
has offered their excellent service," he said.
Reddy thanked Karunanidhi for recommending his name for
the Padma award. "Chennai which is considered the Detroit of
Asia (for emerging as a major automobile hub) would also be
the preferred destination for healthcare," he said.
Reddy, however, said lack of infrastructure and shortage
of health care still remained a "challenge". Around one lakh
beds would be required in another 10 years as the country was
becoming a capital for diabetes, kidney ailments and cancer.
He stressed the need for a stimulus package for health
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'