1.5 cr worth brown sugar seized from Maldivian nat
Tuticorin: About 1.35 kg of brown sugar valued at Rs 1.5 crore in the international market has been seized from a Maldivian national by customs officials.
Customs sources said Muhamed Muzha, working on board `MV Asian Express` of the Maldives had gone out of the port area yesterday to buy some things after the ship docked here. He was stopped for a routine check by CISF at the port entrance on his return and they found the brown sugar on his person.
Muzha was handed over to the Intelligence Bureau of the Customs and later remanded by Narcotics Bureau at Madurai, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’