15 seats identified in TN by AAP, list to be released on March 2
Coimbatore: Aam Aadmi Party has identified 15 seats in Tamil Nadu in which they will contest in the coming Lok Sabha polls, its National Executive member and spokesperson Shazia Ilmi said here on Thursday.
"On the lines of its national agenda, the party will field candidates against corrupt and convicted politicians, including former Telecom Minister, A Raja," she told reporters here tonight.
Stating that office bearers of PMANE (Peoples` Movement Against Nuclear Energy), including its convenor P Udaykumar, had sought to contest from Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli and Turicorin, she said a decision on their candidature was being processed at the National Executive level.
The list of candidates would be announced on March 2, she said.
Asked about AAP`s poll plank, Shazia said three to four issues are being worked out for the campaign, since the issues differed from state to state, and volunteers would move to rural areas, where awareness was less compared to urban areas.
"We are going to say that nothing will change for you in AIADMK and DMK rules and you have to stand up on your own," she said.
Shazia, here to address a one-day leadership summit on `Making the Difference`, organised by the local chapter of CII, said the party as a whole would contest more than 300 seats nationwide. The number may swell, considering the set of candidates being fielded by other major parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon