15 seats identified in TN by AAP, list to be released on March 2
Coimbatore: Aam Aadmi Party has identified 15 seats in Tamil Nadu in which they will contest in the coming Lok Sabha polls, its National Executive member and spokesperson Shazia Ilmi said here on Thursday.
"On the lines of its national agenda, the party will field candidates against corrupt and convicted politicians, including former Telecom Minister, A Raja," she told reporters here tonight.
Stating that office bearers of PMANE (Peoples` Movement Against Nuclear Energy), including its convenor P Udaykumar, had sought to contest from Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli and Turicorin, she said a decision on their candidature was being processed at the National Executive level.
The list of candidates would be announced on March 2, she said.
Asked about AAP`s poll plank, Shazia said three to four issues are being worked out for the campaign, since the issues differed from state to state, and volunteers would move to rural areas, where awareness was less compared to urban areas.
"We are going to say that nothing will change for you in AIADMK and DMK rules and you have to stand up on your own," she said.
Shazia, here to address a one-day leadership summit on `Making the Difference`, organised by the local chapter of CII, said the party as a whole would contest more than 300 seats nationwide. The number may swell, considering the set of candidates being fielded by other major parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre