15 seats identified in TN by AAP, list to be released on March 2
Coimbatore: Aam Aadmi Party has identified 15 seats in Tamil Nadu in which they will contest in the coming Lok Sabha polls, its National Executive member and spokesperson Shazia Ilmi said here on Thursday.
"On the lines of its national agenda, the party will field candidates against corrupt and convicted politicians, including former Telecom Minister, A Raja," she told reporters here tonight.
Stating that office bearers of PMANE (Peoples` Movement Against Nuclear Energy), including its convenor P Udaykumar, had sought to contest from Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli and Turicorin, she said a decision on their candidature was being processed at the National Executive level.
The list of candidates would be announced on March 2, she said.
Asked about AAP`s poll plank, Shazia said three to four issues are being worked out for the campaign, since the issues differed from state to state, and volunteers would move to rural areas, where awareness was less compared to urban areas.
"We are going to say that nothing will change for you in AIADMK and DMK rules and you have to stand up on your own," she said.
Shazia, here to address a one-day leadership summit on `Making the Difference`, organised by the local chapter of CII, said the party as a whole would contest more than 300 seats nationwide. The number may swell, considering the set of candidates being fielded by other major parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra