150 hospitalised after drinking pesticide mixed water
Pudukottai: About 150 persons, including some children from three villages in the district were0 on Saturday hospitalised after drinking water laced with pesticide granules from an overhead tank, police said.
They were admitted to the government hospital here after they drank the water being supplied from Melakottai village and started vomitting and complained of giddiness, they said.
Their condition is stable, doctors at the hospital said.
Police said water from the 30,000 litre overhead tank at Melakottai village was also being supplied to Kizhaku Kudiyiruppu and Samba hamlets.
The water was tested and found to have been mixed with pesticide granules, they said.
Police suspect that some unidentified persons might have mixed the pesticide in the tank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?