150 hospitalised after drinking pesticide mixed water
Pudukottai: About 150 persons, including some children from three villages in the district were0 on Saturday hospitalised after drinking water laced with pesticide granules from an overhead tank, police said.
They were admitted to the government hospital here after they drank the water being supplied from Melakottai village and started vomitting and complained of giddiness, they said.
Their condition is stable, doctors at the hospital said.
Police said water from the 30,000 litre overhead tank at Melakottai village was also being supplied to Kizhaku Kudiyiruppu and Samba hamlets.
The water was tested and found to have been mixed with pesticide granules, they said.
Police suspect that some unidentified persons might have mixed the pesticide in the tank.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed