150 hospitalised after drinking pesticide mixed water

Last Updated: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 00:48

Pudukottai: About 150 persons, including some children from three villages in the district were0 on Saturday hospitalised after drinking water laced with pesticide granules from an overhead tank, police said.

They were admitted to the government hospital here after they drank the water being supplied from Melakottai village and started vomitting and complained of giddiness, they said.

Their condition is stable, doctors at the hospital said.

Police said water from the 30,000 litre overhead tank at Melakottai village was also being supplied to Kizhaku Kudiyiruppu and Samba hamlets.

The water was tested and found to have been mixed with pesticide granules, they said.

Police suspect that some unidentified persons might have mixed the pesticide in the tank.


Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.

First Published: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 00:48

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus