1.75 kg gold worth Rs 50 lakh stolen
Coimbatore: About 1.75 kg of gold valued at over Rs 50 lakh was on Sunday stolen from an ornament manufacturing unit near here allegedly by a youth working there who splashed acid on the watchman before escaping.
Police said the youth came to the workshop at Vadavalli despite Sunday being a holiday and packed the gold in a bag.
When the watchman asked him to show the bag, he threw acid used for cleaning the gold on him and escaped, police said.
The watchman received minor burns, they said, adding, a special police team has been formed to nab the youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy