1.75 kg gold worth Rs 50 lakh stolen
Coimbatore: About 1.75 kg of gold valued at over Rs 50 lakh was on Sunday stolen from an ornament manufacturing unit near here allegedly by a youth working there who splashed acid on the watchman before escaping.
Police said the youth came to the workshop at Vadavalli despite Sunday being a holiday and packed the gold in a bag.
When the watchman asked him to show the bag, he threw acid used for cleaning the gold on him and escaped, police said.
The watchman received minor burns, they said, adding, a special police team has been formed to nab the youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog