1.75 kg gold worth Rs 50 lakh stolen
Coimbatore: About 1.75 kg of gold valued at over Rs 50 lakh was on Sunday stolen from an ornament manufacturing unit near here allegedly by a youth working there who splashed acid on the watchman before escaping.
Police said the youth came to the workshop at Vadavalli despite Sunday being a holiday and packed the gold in a bag.
When the watchman asked him to show the bag, he threw acid used for cleaning the gold on him and escaped, police said.
The watchman received minor burns, they said, adding, a special police team has been formed to nab the youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?