19-year-old boy arrested for kidnapping girl in TN
Udhgamandalam: A 19-year-old boy was on Saturday arrested on charges of kidnapping an 11-year-old girl and seeking ransom of Rs 1.5 lakh from her father near Gudalur, about 80 kms from here, police said.
The boy allegedly kidnapped the girl at knife point around 4.30 PM, when she was coming from school, and took her to a secluded place at Puliyamparai. He then called the girl`s father and sought the ransom within half an hour, failing which he threated to kill her, they said.
As the boy called more than twice, the father informed the police, who traced the call to the mobile`s location.
Police found the girl, who was tied down with ropes, and rescued her. The boy, who had gone to have tea, was arrested a few minutes later and remanded to judicial custody after being produced before a Gudalur court, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read