2 DMDK MLAs dare Vijaykant to dismiss them
Chennai: Upping the ante, two MLAs of principal opposition in the assembly DMDK, whose meeting with Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has left party founder actor Vijaykant red faced, Tuesday dared him to sack them from the organisation.
"We went and met the Chief Minister to discuss problems of people. If they feel it is a mistake, let them dismiss us," Radhapuram MLA C Michael Rayappan said.
Another DMDK legislator, S Sundararajan, echoed similar stand and challenged his party chief to resign and face elections.
"We went (to meet the Chief Minister) for our people. Aren`t they also doing the same thing," he said in an apparent reference to Vijayakant and four other party MLAs seeking appointment to meet Jayalalithaa to discuss constituency-related issues.
Sunderarajan said "all of us could resign and face elections."
The two were speaking after attending an official function presided over by Jayalalithaa to pay homage to freedom fighter Pon Muthuramalinga Thevar.
Besides these two, legislators Arun Pandian and K Tamil Azhagan had met the Chief Minister last week, sparking off speculations that they might switch loyalties.
DMDK, which fought the assembly polls last year in alliance with AIADMK, has 29 members in the House. However, the ties between the two turned sour within months and Jayalalithaa openly declared in the assembly the snapping of the ties.
Reacting to the MLAs meeting Jayalalithaa, Vijaykanth has said he would work for defeating the AIADMK in the next Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA