2 killed, 1 injured in TN fireworks unit explosion
Sivakasi: Two employees were killed and one injured when semi-finished crackers exploded at a fireworks manufacturing unit near here today, police said.
Two sheds in the factory at Vetturayapuram were razed to ground under the impact of the explosion, they said.
The injured was rushed to a hospital, they said, adding the cause of the explosion was under investigation.
Sivakasi is the national hub of fireworks manufacturing industry and mishaps, mostly in small scale units, recur despite government initiatives to enforce safety norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet