2 killed, 1 injured in TN fireworks unit explosion
Sivakasi: Two employees were killed and one injured when semi-finished crackers exploded at a fireworks manufacturing unit near here today, police said.
Two sheds in the factory at Vetturayapuram were razed to ground under the impact of the explosion, they said.
The injured was rushed to a hospital, they said, adding the cause of the explosion was under investigation.
Sivakasi is the national hub of fireworks manufacturing industry and mishaps, mostly in small scale units, recur despite government initiatives to enforce safety norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi