2 S Lankan fishermen drift into Indian waters
Nagapattinam: Two Sri Lankan fishermen drifted into Indian territorial waters after their boat ran out of fuel in mid sea off the island nation, official sources said.
The fishermen from Valvettithurai in Jaffna district ventured into the sea on Mar 23. While fishing off Sri Lankan coast yesterday evening, their boat ran out of fuel and drifted towards the Indian coast, they said.
They landed at Kodiakarai coast late last night.
Coastal security police, intelligence wing and other police officials have questioned them. The duo are now under the custody of Customs officials at Kodiakarai, officials said.
Meanwhile, their fish catch was auctioned at Kodiakarai and the auction fetched Rs 5,000, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video