2 S Lankan fishermen drift into Indian waters
Nagapattinam: Two Sri Lankan fishermen drifted into Indian territorial waters after their boat ran out of fuel in mid sea off the island nation, official sources said.
The fishermen from Valvettithurai in Jaffna district ventured into the sea on Mar 23. While fishing off Sri Lankan coast yesterday evening, their boat ran out of fuel and drifted towards the Indian coast, they said.
They landed at Kodiakarai coast late last night.
Coastal security police, intelligence wing and other police officials have questioned them. The duo are now under the custody of Customs officials at Kodiakarai, officials said.
Meanwhile, their fish catch was auctioned at Kodiakarai and the auction fetched Rs 5,000, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH