2 S Lankan fishermen drift into Indian waters
Nagapattinam: Two Sri Lankan fishermen drifted into Indian territorial waters after their boat ran out of fuel in mid sea off the island nation, official sources said.
The fishermen from Valvettithurai in Jaffna district ventured into the sea on Mar 23. While fishing off Sri Lankan coast yesterday evening, their boat ran out of fuel and drifted towards the Indian coast, they said.
They landed at Kodiakarai coast late last night.
Coastal security police, intelligence wing and other police officials have questioned them. The duo are now under the custody of Customs officials at Kodiakarai, officials said.
Meanwhile, their fish catch was auctioned at Kodiakarai and the auction fetched Rs 5,000, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- DNA : Today in History, 22nd August 2016