20 fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan Naval personnel
Rameswaram (TN): Twenty fishermen from this coastal town were arrested by Sri Lankan Naval personnel when they were fishing in the Palk Straits early this morning, a top fisheries department official said.
Assistant Director of Fisheries Gopinath said it was not immediately clear whether the fishermen were in Indian waters or had crossed the International Maritime Boundary Line when they were arrested.
He said they had been lodged in the army camp in Mannar and were likely to be produced in court there tomorrow.
Meanwhile, the 34 fishermen released by a Lankan court after their arrest on September four arrived here this morning.
Coast Guard commander H H More brought them here and handed them over to district officials today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video