200 detained for demanding India boycott CHOGM
Chennai: Over 200 activists belonging to various outfits were on Friday detained after they picketed before the British Deputy High Commission and central government offices here demanding India boycott the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting in Colombo.
Holding placards demanding the Commonwealth of Nations to suspend Sri Lanka for its alleged human rights violations against civilians during its war against LTTE, they raised slogans against the central government.
They also protested against the United Kingdom for allowing Sri Lanka to remain in the Commonwealth even after alleged genocide of Tamils living in the island nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi