22 killed as boat capsizes in lake near Chennai
Chennai: Twenty-two persons were on Sunday killed
after the boat in which they went on a pleasure trip capsized
in Pulicat Lake, about 60 km from here, police said.
About 25 persons were in the boat, they said, adding some
of them had been rescued.
Initial reports said the victims hailed from different
places in and around Chennai and the boat was reportedly
operated by local fishermen.
Some of the bodies had been recovered by rescue teams,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH