23-year-old woman, mother booked in cheating case in TN
Sivaganga (TN): A 23-year-old woman and two of her relatives here have been booked for allegedly cheating an NRI by concealing the fact that she was pregnant when was married off to him, police said.
The matter came to light when the woman was taken to a hospital for medical check up recently after she complained of stomach pain.
The doctor told her in-laws that she was nine months pregnant following which her husband, an NRI in Malaysia, lodged a complaint that the woman, her mother and uncle had cheated him by marrying off a pregnant girl, police said.
Devakottai rural police registered a case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand