`275 Tamil Nadu pilgrims rescued from Uttarakhand`
New Delhi: Elaborate arrangements have been made to ensure safe return of pilgrims from Tamil Nadu, who are stranded in Uttarakhand`s calamity-hit Kedarnath and Badarinath, state government officials said here on Monday.
Out of the 377 pilgrims from Tamil Nadu who are stranded in the two holy places, 275 travellers were brought to Tamil Nadu House here, officials said.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has announced that all the travellers from Tamil Nadu who are stranded in Kedarnath and Badarinath area will be brought to Dehradun by helicopter and by flight from Delhi to Chennai at free of cost.
"Accordingly, till today 275 travellers from Tamil Nadu were brought to Tamil Nadu House in New Delhi and they are provided with accommodation, food and medical assistance," they said.
A medical camp with government doctors from the state has been set up at Tamil Nadu House to provide medical aid to the pilgrims, the officials said.
They said special arrangements have been made to send back the pilgrims to Chennai by flight. Designated state government official is also accompanying the travellers up to Chennai.
Arrangements for their journey from the airport to homes have also been done, they said.
A high-level state government team is still camping in Haridwar to coordinate with the Uttarakhand Government and central agencies in rescue mission, officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand