2G: Karunanidhi meets daughter Kanimozhi in jail
New Delhi: For a second time in a month,
an emotional M Karunanidhi met his daughter Kanimozhi,
arrested in the 2G spectrum scam case, at the Tihar jail here
on Tuesday and spent nearly 45 minutes with her.
The 88-year-old DMK President drove to the jail at
around 4.30 PM accompanied by his wife Rajathi Ammal, his son
and Union Minister M K Alagiri.
Karunanidhi, who arrived here this morning, met
Kanimozhi at the assistant jail superintendent`s office and
spent over 20 minutes with her without his family members
Sources said the DMK chief brought some `namkeen` from
Tamil Nadu for his daughter. After 20 minutes, the
father-daughter duo were joined by Alagiri and Rajathi.
Sources said both Kanimozhi and Karunanidhi were
composed and were seen talking to each other for most part of
This is Karunanidhi`s second meeting with Kanimozhi
after she was arrested and sent to jail on May 20. Earlier, he
met her on May 23.
"The family members were with Kanimozhi for nearly 30
minutes. They spoke in Tamil," sources said.
The sources said Kanimozhi, Karunanidhi, Alagiri and
Rajathi were not disturbed by jail officials during the
After some time, former Telecom Minister A Raja and
Kalaignar TV Managing Director Sharad Kumar joined the
DMK leaders T R Baalu, K Ponmudy and Duraimurugan were
also present at this stage.
Karunanidhi`s visit came a day after the Supreme Court
refused bail to Kanimozhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites