3 fishermen found unconscious, rescued by Coast Guard
Rameswaram (TN): Three fishermen from this coastal island reported missing since August 22 have been found unconscious at Kodiayakarai in Nagapattinam district by the Coast Guard and are being brought back here, fisheries department officials said.
They said the fishermen had got stuck in mid sea due to a technical snag in their boat and could not contact the Coast Guard or the Navy as their cell phones also did not work. They had fainted of dehydration as they were without food,they said
Coast Guard officials traced the boat early this morning and rescued the occupants, the officials said.
Meanwhile, more than 600 boats did not put out to sea and
only 60 did so as traders quoted very low price for the catch, said S Emirett, secretary of the Fishermen and fishermen welfare association here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah