3 fishermen found unconscious, rescued by Coast Guard
Rameswaram (TN): Three fishermen from this coastal island reported missing since August 22 have been found unconscious at Kodiayakarai in Nagapattinam district by the Coast Guard and are being brought back here, fisheries department officials said.
They said the fishermen had got stuck in mid sea due to a technical snag in their boat and could not contact the Coast Guard or the Navy as their cell phones also did not work. They had fainted of dehydration as they were without food,they said
Coast Guard officials traced the boat early this morning and rescued the occupants, the officials said.
Meanwhile, more than 600 boats did not put out to sea and
only 60 did so as traders quoted very low price for the catch, said S Emirett, secretary of the Fishermen and fishermen welfare association here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’