3 fishermen found unconscious, rescued by Coast Guard
Rameswaram (TN): Three fishermen from this coastal island reported missing since August 22 have been found unconscious at Kodiayakarai in Nagapattinam district by the Coast Guard and are being brought back here, fisheries department officials said.
They said the fishermen had got stuck in mid sea due to a technical snag in their boat and could not contact the Coast Guard or the Navy as their cell phones also did not work. They had fainted of dehydration as they were without food,they said
Coast Guard officials traced the boat early this morning and rescued the occupants, the officials said.
Meanwhile, more than 600 boats did not put out to sea and
only 60 did so as traders quoted very low price for the catch, said S Emirett, secretary of the Fishermen and fishermen welfare association here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row