3 killed as tragedy strikes family returning after engagement
Dharmapuri (TN): Three women were killed and 23
others injured when a mini bus in which they were returning
after an engagement function skidded and rolled down a ghat
road near here on Saturday.
The bus packed with about 45 people fell down to a depth of
100 feet while proceeding on the ghat road at Malaiyur
village, 39 km from here, police said.
The victims were returning home after attending the
engagement of Srimathi of Sompatti village with P Dhanavel of
Pudukarambai tribal village.
While a 60-year old woman was killed on the spot, another
was declared brought dead and the third woman succumed to
injuries at the government medical college hospital here.
The injured, including 12 women, were undergoing treatment
at the hospital.
Police were searching for the driver of the bus, who fled
the scene after the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users