3 killed as tragedy strikes family returning after engagement
Dharmapuri (TN): Three women were killed and 23
others injured when a mini bus in which they were returning
after an engagement function skidded and rolled down a ghat
road near here on Saturday.
The bus packed with about 45 people fell down to a depth of
100 feet while proceeding on the ghat road at Malaiyur
village, 39 km from here, police said.
The victims were returning home after attending the
engagement of Srimathi of Sompatti village with P Dhanavel of
Pudukarambai tribal village.
While a 60-year old woman was killed on the spot, another
was declared brought dead and the third woman succumed to
injuries at the government medical college hospital here.
The injured, including 12 women, were undergoing treatment
at the hospital.
Police were searching for the driver of the bus, who fled
the scene after the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read