3 killed as tragedy strikes family returning after engagement
Dharmapuri (TN): Three women were killed and 23
others injured when a mini bus in which they were returning
after an engagement function skidded and rolled down a ghat
road near here on Saturday.
The bus packed with about 45 people fell down to a depth of
100 feet while proceeding on the ghat road at Malaiyur
village, 39 km from here, police said.
The victims were returning home after attending the
engagement of Srimathi of Sompatti village with P Dhanavel of
Pudukarambai tribal village.
While a 60-year old woman was killed on the spot, another
was declared brought dead and the third woman succumed to
injuries at the government medical college hospital here.
The injured, including 12 women, were undergoing treatment
at the hospital.
Police were searching for the driver of the bus, who fled
the scene after the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?