3 killed as tragedy strikes family returning after engagement
Dharmapuri (TN): Three women were killed and 23
others injured when a mini bus in which they were returning
after an engagement function skidded and rolled down a ghat
road near here on Saturday.
The bus packed with about 45 people fell down to a depth of
100 feet while proceeding on the ghat road at Malaiyur
village, 39 km from here, police said.
The victims were returning home after attending the
engagement of Srimathi of Sompatti village with P Dhanavel of
Pudukarambai tribal village.
While a 60-year old woman was killed on the spot, another
was declared brought dead and the third woman succumed to
injuries at the government medical college hospital here.
The injured, including 12 women, were undergoing treatment
at the hospital.
Police were searching for the driver of the bus, who fled
the scene after the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- DNA: Today in History | May 25, 2016
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!