3 more prosecution witnesses examined in Sankararaman case
Puducherry: Three more prosecution witnesses
were examined Monday during trial in the Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi and
his junior Jayendra Saraswathi are the main accused.
When hearing in the case resumed before the Principal
District and sessions Judge T Ramaswamy, only seven of the 24
accused were present. The absentees included the two seers.
Of the 154 witnesses examined so far since commencement of
the trial two years ago, as many as 75 have turned hostile.
Sankararaman, Manager of the Varadararjaperumal temple in
Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered on the premises of the
temple on September 3, 2004.
The two seers had been accused of hatching a conspiracy to
Special Public Prosecutor N Devadoss, who examined the
prosecution witnesses, said 10 more witnesses would be
The trial was shifted to Puducherry from Chengalpattu
district court on Supreme Court`s order in October 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi