3 more prosecution witnesses examined in Sankararaman case
Puducherry: Three more prosecution witnesses
were examined Monday during trial in the Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi and
his junior Jayendra Saraswathi are the main accused.
When hearing in the case resumed before the Principal
District and sessions Judge T Ramaswamy, only seven of the 24
accused were present. The absentees included the two seers.
Of the 154 witnesses examined so far since commencement of
the trial two years ago, as many as 75 have turned hostile.
Sankararaman, Manager of the Varadararjaperumal temple in
Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered on the premises of the
temple on September 3, 2004.
The two seers had been accused of hatching a conspiracy to
Special Public Prosecutor N Devadoss, who examined the
prosecution witnesses, said 10 more witnesses would be
The trial was shifted to Puducherry from Chengalpattu
district court on Supreme Court`s order in October 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more