3 more prosecution witnesses examined in Sankararaman case
Puducherry: Three more prosecution witnesses
were examined Monday during trial in the Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi and
his junior Jayendra Saraswathi are the main accused.
When hearing in the case resumed before the Principal
District and sessions Judge T Ramaswamy, only seven of the 24
accused were present. The absentees included the two seers.
Of the 154 witnesses examined so far since commencement of
the trial two years ago, as many as 75 have turned hostile.
Sankararaman, Manager of the Varadararjaperumal temple in
Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered on the premises of the
temple on September 3, 2004.
The two seers had been accused of hatching a conspiracy to
Special Public Prosecutor N Devadoss, who examined the
prosecution witnesses, said 10 more witnesses would be
The trial was shifted to Puducherry from Chengalpattu
district court on Supreme Court`s order in October 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- US presidential Donald Trump takes poll lead over Hillary Clinton
- Fan parks across eight cities to showcase IPL play-offs
- Sensex logs first rise in five sessions on earnings lift
- Goa SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016 to be declared on May 25: (goaresults.nic.in) GBSHSE 10th board results, Goa Board (GBSHSE) SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!