3 women held for child lifting from hospital in Tamil Nadu
Madurai: A new born baby boy, reported missing from the maternity ward of a government hospital here, was restored to his mother on Sunday and three woman who allegedly sold the infant for Rs 2.5 lakh were arrested, police said.
27-year-old Kaleeswari of poor economic background had delivered the baby on April 14 but it went missing later.
When she raised the issue, one of the three woman, who was assisting the staff by bringing them tea and other things, offered her Rs 50,000 not to press the complaint.
Meanwhile, she came to know that her baby had been sold. Fearing that she would not get back her child, she informed police.
After investigations, police arrested the three women on the charge of child trafficking and retrieved the baby from the person to whom they had sold it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan