3 women held for child lifting from hospital in Tamil Nadu
Madurai: A new born baby boy, reported missing from the maternity ward of a government hospital here, was restored to his mother on Sunday and three woman who allegedly sold the infant for Rs 2.5 lakh were arrested, police said.
27-year-old Kaleeswari of poor economic background had delivered the baby on April 14 but it went missing later.
When she raised the issue, one of the three woman, who was assisting the staff by bringing them tea and other things, offered her Rs 50,000 not to press the complaint.
Meanwhile, she came to know that her baby had been sold. Fearing that she would not get back her child, she informed police.
After investigations, police arrested the three women on the charge of child trafficking and retrieved the baby from the person to whom they had sold it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Today in history, 20th January, 2017
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!