35 TN fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan Navy
Rameswaram: Thirty five Tamil Nadu fishermen were Monday arrested and four boats seized by Sri Lankan Navy while they were fishing between Talaimannar and Dhanushkodi in the Palk Strait, official sources said.
The Sri Lankan Navy arrested the fishermen for allegedly violating the International Maritime Boundary line, the sources said.
The fishermen had been lodged in an army camp at Talaimannar in Sri Lanka, the sources said.
As many as 106 fishermen from Rameswaram, Nagapattinam and Karaikal are in Sri Lankan prison for more than a month on charges of crossing the IMBL and fishing in the island nation`s territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune