35 TN fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan Navy
Rameswaram: Thirty five Tamil Nadu fishermen were Monday arrested and four boats seized by Sri Lankan Navy while they were fishing between Talaimannar and Dhanushkodi in the Palk Strait, official sources said.
The Sri Lankan Navy arrested the fishermen for allegedly violating the International Maritime Boundary line, the sources said.
The fishermen had been lodged in an army camp at Talaimannar in Sri Lanka, the sources said.
As many as 106 fishermen from Rameswaram, Nagapattinam and Karaikal are in Sri Lankan prison for more than a month on charges of crossing the IMBL and fishing in the island nation`s territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'