35 TN fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan Navy
Rameswaram: Thirty five Tamil Nadu fishermen were Monday arrested and four boats seized by Sri Lankan Navy while they were fishing between Talaimannar and Dhanushkodi in the Palk Strait, official sources said.
The Sri Lankan Navy arrested the fishermen for allegedly violating the International Maritime Boundary line, the sources said.
The fishermen had been lodged in an army camp at Talaimannar in Sri Lanka, the sources said.
As many as 106 fishermen from Rameswaram, Nagapattinam and Karaikal are in Sri Lankan prison for more than a month on charges of crossing the IMBL and fishing in the island nation`s territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today