3,500 old TNSCB houses to be replaced with new ones
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has given administrative approval for demolishing over 3,500 old houses constructed by Slum Clearance Board (TNSCB) in the state and replacing them with new ones at a cost of Rs 280 crore.
In the first phase, 480 houses in Dr Radhakrishnan Nagar would be constructed at a cost of Rs 38.40 crore; 120 houses in Parthasarathy Nagar at Rs 9.60 crore; 392 houses in Sathyavanimuthu Nagar at Rs 31.36 crore; 288 houses in Egmore Nehru Park (P H Road) at Rs 23.04 crore, a state government release said.
A total of 32 houses would be constructed at Rs 2.56 crore in Pillayar Koil Street; 304 houses at Chepauk Navalar Nagar at Rs 24.32 crore; 708 houses in Ayodhya Nagar at Rs 56.64 crore; 136 houses in Kotturpuram at Rs 10.88 crore; 42 houses in Mylapore at Rs 3.36 crore and 48 houses in Pallakkumanyam at Rs 3.36 crore.
As for other districts, 246 houses would be constructed at Aaduthotti in Coimbatore district at Rs 19.68 crore; 587 houses in Tiruchirapalli-Peechankulam at Rs 46.96 crore and 117 houses at Kudaimudaivor Colony of Nagapattinam district at Rs 9.36 crore, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!