37 Indian fishermen arrested by Sri Lanka
Colombo: About 37 Indian fishermen were arrested and five boats seized by the Sri Lanka Navy Monday for allegedly entering its territorial waters.
Naval spokesman Kosala Warnakulasuriya said that the arrest was made at 0500 local time today off the eastern coast of Pulmoddai.
Warnakulasuriya said they were being brought to the eastern port of Trincomalee.
They would thereafter be handed over to the police for further investigations, the Naval spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference