37 kg of gold stolen from Kerala-based pvt firm in Madurai
Madurai: A five-member gang kidnapped two employees of a Kerala-based private finance firm and looted 37 kg of gold valued at Rs ten crore from its locker after stealing the keys of its branch office here, police said Saturday.
Police said the gang first kidnapped Balasubramanian, manager of the Karimedu branch of the Muthoot Finance Corp in the city on Thursday night, and snatched a set of locker keys from him.Then they summoned assistant manager Sathish kumar, who was holding another set of keys, using Balasubramanian.
When he arrived, the gang detained the two employees inside their car, switched off the alarm system, and robbed the cash and jewels from the locker of the branch.
The security man at the office had gone to have his dinner.
The employees said they were let-off on Friday on the outskirts of Madurai.
A company official said the gold was insured and that customers would not face any problem. He also declined to divulge the quantum of gold looted.
Police said according to the complaint 37kg of gold had been stolen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre