37 kg of gold stolen from Kerala-based pvt firm in Madurai
Madurai: A five-member gang kidnapped two employees of a Kerala-based private finance firm and looted 37 kg of gold valued at Rs ten crore from its locker after stealing the keys of its branch office here, police said Saturday.
Police said the gang first kidnapped Balasubramanian, manager of the Karimedu branch of the Muthoot Finance Corp in the city on Thursday night, and snatched a set of locker keys from him.Then they summoned assistant manager Sathish kumar, who was holding another set of keys, using Balasubramanian.
When he arrived, the gang detained the two employees inside their car, switched off the alarm system, and robbed the cash and jewels from the locker of the branch.
The security man at the office had gone to have his dinner.
The employees said they were let-off on Friday on the outskirts of Madurai.
A company official said the gold was insured and that customers would not face any problem. He also declined to divulge the quantum of gold looted.
Police said according to the complaint 37kg of gold had been stolen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today