37 kg of gold stolen from Kerala-based pvt firm in Madurai
Madurai: A five-member gang kidnapped two employees of a Kerala-based private finance firm and looted 37 kg of gold valued at Rs ten crore from its locker after stealing the keys of its branch office here, police said Saturday.
Police said the gang first kidnapped Balasubramanian, manager of the Karimedu branch of the Muthoot Finance Corp in the city on Thursday night, and snatched a set of locker keys from him.Then they summoned assistant manager Sathish kumar, who was holding another set of keys, using Balasubramanian.
When he arrived, the gang detained the two employees inside their car, switched off the alarm system, and robbed the cash and jewels from the locker of the branch.
The security man at the office had gone to have his dinner.
The employees said they were let-off on Friday on the outskirts of Madurai.
A company official said the gold was insured and that customers would not face any problem. He also declined to divulge the quantum of gold looted.
Police said according to the complaint 37kg of gold had been stolen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan