37 kg of gold stolen from Kerala-based pvt firm in Madurai
Madurai: A five-member gang kidnapped two employees of a Kerala-based private finance firm and looted 37 kg of gold valued at Rs ten crore from its locker after stealing the keys of its branch office here, police said Saturday.
Police said the gang first kidnapped Balasubramanian, manager of the Karimedu branch of the Muthoot Finance Corp in the city on Thursday night, and snatched a set of locker keys from him.Then they summoned assistant manager Sathish kumar, who was holding another set of keys, using Balasubramanian.
When he arrived, the gang detained the two employees inside their car, switched off the alarm system, and robbed the cash and jewels from the locker of the branch.
The security man at the office had gone to have his dinner.
The employees said they were let-off on Friday on the outskirts of Madurai.
A company official said the gold was insured and that customers would not face any problem. He also declined to divulge the quantum of gold looted.
Police said according to the complaint 37kg of gold had been stolen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees