37 kg of gold stolen from Kerala-based pvt firm in Madurai
Madurai: A five-member gang kidnapped two employees of a Kerala-based private finance firm and looted 37 kg of gold valued at Rs ten crore from its locker after stealing the keys of its branch office here, police said Saturday.
Police said the gang first kidnapped Balasubramanian, manager of the Karimedu branch of the Muthoot Finance Corp in the city on Thursday night, and snatched a set of locker keys from him.Then they summoned assistant manager Sathish kumar, who was holding another set of keys, using Balasubramanian.
When he arrived, the gang detained the two employees inside their car, switched off the alarm system, and robbed the cash and jewels from the locker of the branch.
The security man at the office had gone to have his dinner.
The employees said they were let-off on Friday on the outskirts of Madurai.
A company official said the gold was insured and that customers would not face any problem. He also declined to divulge the quantum of gold looted.
Police said according to the complaint 37kg of gold had been stolen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- 'Some objects' spotted as search for missing IAF AN-32 aircraft enters sixth day
- Even Anushka Sharma failed to escape 'Pokemon Go' fever! Watch videos
- Pakistan a dependable ally, says British PM Theresa May
- Yes Bank gets Sebi nod for mutual fund, AMC business
- Canara Bank gets shareholders nod to raise up to Rs 2,000 cr