38 Indian fishermen remanded to judicial custody in Sri Lanka
Rameswaram: Two courts in Sri Lanka on Wednesday remanded the 38 Indian fishermen, arrested by Lankan Naval personnel for reportedly crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line, to judicial custody till August 1 and 4.
The fishermen were arrested yesterday.
The Judicial Magistrate at Talaimannar remanded the 20 fishermen to judicial custody till August 1, Fishermen`s Association president Jesuraja said.
He said the fishermen are now lodged in a prison in Anuradhapuram.
The Oorkavalathurai Judicial Magistrate remanded the other 18 fishermen to judicial custody till August 4, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune