38 Indian fishermen remanded to judicial custody in Sri Lanka
Rameswaram: Two courts in Sri Lanka on Wednesday remanded the 38 Indian fishermen, arrested by Lankan Naval personnel for reportedly crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line, to judicial custody till August 1 and 4.
The fishermen were arrested yesterday.
The Judicial Magistrate at Talaimannar remanded the 20 fishermen to judicial custody till August 1, Fishermen`s Association president Jesuraja said.
He said the fishermen are now lodged in a prison in Anuradhapuram.
The Oorkavalathurai Judicial Magistrate remanded the other 18 fishermen to judicial custody till August 4, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda