547 airmen inducted into IAF
Chennai: A batch of 547 airmen was today inducted into the Indian Air Force on completion of training at the Air Force Station at suburban Tambaram.
They were inducted into IAF at a combined passing out parade reviewed by Command Non-Technical Training Officer (Headquarter) training command Air Commodore Pawan Mullick.
The personnel were trained at the Mechanical training institute and workshop training institute before passing out, a Defence release here said.
Air Commodore Mullick urged them to make sustained efforts towards continous enhancement of their knowlege by keeping themselves abreast of the changes.
He advised the trainees to maintain exemplary conduct at all times, in keeping with the ethos of the service.
The parade culminated with the display of continuity drill, pipe band and aerobics, the release said.
The parade was followed by presentation of awards and trophies. The passing out trainees were administered oath of their joining in the Air Force fraternity, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India