547 airmen inducted into IAF
Chennai: A batch of 547 airmen was today inducted into the Indian Air Force on completion of training at the Air Force Station at suburban Tambaram.
They were inducted into IAF at a combined passing out parade reviewed by Command Non-Technical Training Officer (Headquarter) training command Air Commodore Pawan Mullick.
The personnel were trained at the Mechanical training institute and workshop training institute before passing out, a Defence release here said.
Air Commodore Mullick urged them to make sustained efforts towards continous enhancement of their knowlege by keeping themselves abreast of the changes.
He advised the trainees to maintain exemplary conduct at all times, in keeping with the ethos of the service.
The parade culminated with the display of continuity drill, pipe band and aerobics, the release said.
The parade was followed by presentation of awards and trophies. The passing out trainees were administered oath of their joining in the Air Force fraternity, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH