55 DMDK cadres arrested
Kumbakonam: Fifty five DMDK cadres were arrested here on Tuesday when they tried to obstruct road traffic in protest against suspension of six party MLAs from the Tamil Nadu Assembly for one year.
The MLAs were suspended by Assembly Speaker P Dhanapal yesterday in connection with the assault on a dissident DMDK legislator inside the House last month.
They had allegedly assaulted C Michael Rayappan, one of the four MLAs from the Vijayakant led opposition party to call on Chief Minister Jayalalithaa last year.
Three women were among those arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP