5.73 million Aadhaar cards issued so far
Tiruchirappalli: A total of 5.73 million
Aadhaar cards have been issued by the Unique Identification
Authority of India so far, a senior Postal department official
said on Monday.
Every day, 1.5 lakh cards bearing the 12 digit UID number
were being issued across the country and it had been targetted
to cover the entire population by 2014, Post-Master General,
Central Region, Bahadur Singh said launching the issue of
Aadhaar Cards here.
In Tamil Nadu, thirty Head Post Offices would process the
card applications. The cards would be sent to the applicants
from Bangalore where the main server is located.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof