5.73 million Aadhaar cards issued so far
Tiruchirappalli: A total of 5.73 million
Aadhaar cards have been issued by the Unique Identification
Authority of India so far, a senior Postal department official
said on Monday.
Every day, 1.5 lakh cards bearing the 12 digit UID number
were being issued across the country and it had been targetted
to cover the entire population by 2014, Post-Master General,
Central Region, Bahadur Singh said launching the issue of
Aadhaar Cards here.
In Tamil Nadu, thirty Head Post Offices would process the
card applications. The cards would be sent to the applicants
from Bangalore where the main server is located.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming