5.73 million Aadhaar cards issued so far
Tiruchirappalli: A total of 5.73 million
Aadhaar cards have been issued by the Unique Identification
Authority of India so far, a senior Postal department official
said on Monday.
Every day, 1.5 lakh cards bearing the 12 digit UID number
were being issued across the country and it had been targetted
to cover the entire population by 2014, Post-Master General,
Central Region, Bahadur Singh said launching the issue of
Aadhaar Cards here.
In Tamil Nadu, thirty Head Post Offices would process the
card applications. The cards would be sent to the applicants
from Bangalore where the main server is located.
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today
- IPL 2016: Unsold at auction, Hashim Amla signed by Kings XI Punjab as replacement for injured Shaun Marsh
- NEET 2016: 2nd phase to be held on July 24; Centre and CBSE should start preparations, says Supreme Court
- 12 Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists detained as Delhi Police foils major terror plot, seizes explosives