650 kg of ammonium nitrate seized from abandoned car
Tirunelveli (TN): About 650 kg of ammonium nitrate, an explosive chemical, has been seized from an abandoned car at Nanguneri in the district, police said.
A total of 13 bags, each weighing 50 kg were seized from the car, whose occupants abandoned it after the vehicle met with an accident, they said.
The car had a fake number plate, they said.
Police suspect that the smugglers could be either from Sivakasi or Chennai.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan