650 kg of ammonium nitrate seized from abandoned car
Tirunelveli (TN): About 650 kg of ammonium nitrate, an explosive chemical, has been seized from an abandoned car at Nanguneri in the district, police said.
A total of 13 bags, each weighing 50 kg were seized from the car, whose occupants abandoned it after the vehicle met with an accident, they said.
The car had a fake number plate, they said.
Police suspect that the smugglers could be either from Sivakasi or Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred