650 kg of ammonium nitrate seized from abandoned car
Tirunelveli (TN): About 650 kg of ammonium nitrate, an explosive chemical, has been seized from an abandoned car at Nanguneri in the district, police said.
A total of 13 bags, each weighing 50 kg were seized from the car, whose occupants abandoned it after the vehicle met with an accident, they said.
The car had a fake number plate, they said.
Police suspect that the smugglers could be either from Sivakasi or Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional