650 kg of ammonium nitrate seized from abandoned car
Tirunelveli (TN): About 650 kg of ammonium nitrate, an explosive chemical, has been seized from an abandoned car at Nanguneri in the district, police said.
A total of 13 bags, each weighing 50 kg were seized from the car, whose occupants abandoned it after the vehicle met with an accident, they said.
The car had a fake number plate, they said.
Police suspect that the smugglers could be either from Sivakasi or Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Premier League: Petr Cech calls on Arsenal to stop making 'silly' losses
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?