650 kg of ammonium nitrate seized from abandoned car
Tirunelveli (TN): About 650 kg of ammonium nitrate, an explosive chemical, has been seized from an abandoned car at Nanguneri in the district, police said.
A total of 13 bags, each weighing 50 kg were seized from the car, whose occupants abandoned it after the vehicle met with an accident, they said.
The car had a fake number plate, they said.
Police suspect that the smugglers could be either from Sivakasi or Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes