67-year-old woman jumps into sea from train
Rameswaram: A 67-year-old woman today allegedly committed suicide by jumping into the sea from a passenger train as it crossed the Pamban bridge here.
Police said as per preliminary investigation, the woman, who belonged to Tiruchirappalli, was returning to her town from here on the Rameswaram-Tiruchirappalli passenger train.
Marine police rushed to the spot and recovered the body.
The cantilever Pamban Bridge on the Palk Strait connects the town of Rameswaram on Pamban Island to the mainland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state