67-year-old woman jumps into sea from train
Rameswaram: A 67-year-old woman today allegedly committed suicide by jumping into the sea from a passenger train as it crossed the Pamban bridge here.
Police said as per preliminary investigation, the woman, who belonged to Tiruchirappalli, was returning to her town from here on the Rameswaram-Tiruchirappalli passenger train.
Marine police rushed to the spot and recovered the body.
The cantilever Pamban Bridge on the Palk Strait connects the town of Rameswaram on Pamban Island to the mainland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf