67-year-old woman jumps into sea from train
Rameswaram: A 67-year-old woman today allegedly committed suicide by jumping into the sea from a passenger train as it crossed the Pamban bridge here.
Police said as per preliminary investigation, the woman, who belonged to Tiruchirappalli, was returning to her town from here on the Rameswaram-Tiruchirappalli passenger train.
Marine police rushed to the spot and recovered the body.
The cantilever Pamban Bridge on the Palk Strait connects the town of Rameswaram on Pamban Island to the mainland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened