70 DYFI activists held for trying to gatecrash in IOC office
Chennai: About 70 activists of the CPI-M
affiliated youth wing, DYFI were arrested Tuesday when they
tried to forcibly enter Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) office
while demonstrating against the recent hike in petrol prices.
Police said `mild force` was used against some members who
resisted their efforts to physically remove them.
However, DYFI (Democratic Youth Federation of India)
members alleged that police lathicharged them.
Some ruckus was witnessed when police tried to prevent a
group of slogan-shouting volunteers who suddenly attempted to
gatecrash the IOC premises, police said.
Flow of vehicular traffic flow disturbed for a while due to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda