70 DYFI activists held for trying to gatecrash in IOC office
Chennai: About 70 activists of the CPI-M
affiliated youth wing, DYFI were arrested Tuesday when they
tried to forcibly enter Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) office
while demonstrating against the recent hike in petrol prices.
Police said `mild force` was used against some members who
resisted their efforts to physically remove them.
However, DYFI (Democratic Youth Federation of India)
members alleged that police lathicharged them.
Some ruckus was witnessed when police tried to prevent a
group of slogan-shouting volunteers who suddenly attempted to
gatecrash the IOC premises, police said.
Flow of vehicular traffic flow disturbed for a while due to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi