8 fishermen detained by Sri Lankan Naval personnel
Rameswaram: Eight fishermen in two mechanised boats were detained by Sri Lankan Navy personnel while fishing near Katchateevu islet, `Q` branch officials said on Sunday.
They were part of a group of about 4,000 fishermen who had put out to sea from this coastal town and Jegathapattinam and Kottaipattinam hamlets last night, they said.
The officials said the Sri Lankan naval personnel came in three boats to the spot and detained the fishermen and their boats.
The naval personnel also cut the fishing nets of 20 boats and took them away, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town