8 fishermen detained by Sri Lankan Naval personnel
Rameswaram: Eight fishermen in two mechanised boats were detained by Sri Lankan Navy personnel while fishing near Katchateevu islet, `Q` branch officials said on Sunday.
They were part of a group of about 4,000 fishermen who had put out to sea from this coastal town and Jegathapattinam and Kottaipattinam hamlets last night, they said.
The officials said the Sri Lankan naval personnel came in three boats to the spot and detained the fishermen and their boats.
The naval personnel also cut the fishing nets of 20 boats and took them away, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service