8-year-old boy dies as kerosene stove bursts in Madurai

Last Updated: Monday, June 10, 2013 - 16:19

Madurai: An eight year old boy was killed and his father seriously injured when a kerosene stove on which the sixth grader was preparing tea burst into flames at Udaipankulam in the district, police said.

The stove had developed a leak and the kerosene had spilled all over the floor and it burst into flames when the boy lit the stove, they said.

They said the student had tried to prepare the tea as his mother had gone out when the mishap occurred. His father who was sleeping in a room nearby, rushed in to save him but the flames engulfed him too.
Neigbours rushed them to a hospital, but the boy died without responding to treatment. The man was referred to a hospital here, where his condition is stated to be serious.

PTI



First Published: Monday, June 10, 2013 - 16:19

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus