A Raja visits Lok Sabha constituency
Coimbatore/ Nilgiris (Tamil Nadu): Former Telecom Minister and prime accused in the 2G-spectrum scam A Raja visited his Lok Sabha constituency of Niligiris on Sunday.
Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK) activists gave Raja a rousing reception en route to his parliamentary constituency.
Addressing the people in Nilgiris, Raja said despite his party not being in power, he and his party leaders would continue to serve for the welfare of the state.
"I am very happy to meet the people of my constituency after a very long time, even if DMK is in power or not in the state, we will continue to serve the people,” Raja said.
Reportedly, 1000 activists of the DMK party thronged Coimbatore to welcome him.
“Due to certain reason I went to prison, and we had lost power in the state, still nobody can separate you from us, that is why you people have gathered in large numbers here,” he said.
Raja, who secured bail in the 2G case post spending 15 months in prison, walked out of jail and was greeted by enthusiastic supporters both outside the jail and his residence on May 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic