AAP to field candidates against Raja, Dayanidhi Maran
Chennai: Aam Aadmi Party, whose main poll plank is fighting corruption, on Wednesday announced it would field candidates against 2G spectrum scam accused and former Telecom ministers A Raja and Dayanidhi Maran of DMK in the April 24 Lok Sabha polls in Tamil Nadu.
"Definitely, we will field candidates against leaders who are dipped in scams. We will field candidates against A Raja in Nilgiris and Dayanidhi Maran in Central Chennai," AAP`s Tamil Nadu convenor David Barunkumar told reporters here.
He said the first list of candidates and constituencies would be released later this week. "We hope the first list of candidates will be announced by this Sunday or Monday", he said.
On whether anti-nuclear activist S P Udhayakumar, who has joined the AAP, would contest the polls in the wake of several cases filed against him, he said "we will support Udhayakumar. Even if he is arrested, he will file his nominations from jail and contest the elections".
Asked whether AAP would try to forge a partnership with the Left parties in Tamil Nadu in the wake of their snapping ties with ruling AIADMK, he alleged that they were "not living up to the principles of communist parties."
The meet also saw journalist Vaseegaran joining AAP in the presence of state office bearers of the Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read